1 – This policy sets out how we handle personal information. It applies to the (e-commerce) website https://wpblox.com/ that we will refer to in this policy as “the Site” and the WordPress plugins sold through it that we will refer to as “the Plugins”.
3 – Take the time to read this policy because it forms a part of the terms and conditions for the Site and the Plugins. By using the Site and / or the Plugins, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree to this policy we won’t take it personally, but please do not use the Site or the Plugins.
What type of personal information do we collect?
4 – We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of the Site and the Plugins. The most common types of information we collect are things like: user names, member names, email addresses, other contact details, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, support queries, forum comments and web analytics data. Information or an opinion is your “personal information” if it is about you as an identified or identifiable individual.
How we collect personal information
5 – We may collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site, install or update one of the Plugins (anonymously) or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
6 – When you provide personal information to us via the Site you’re consenting to us collecting and using that information in line with this policy and the terms and condition of each of the Plugins (if applicable). You are likely to provide personal information when you register as a subscriber, buy one of the Plugins, leave a comment on the Site or send us an email.
7 – If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with our services and you may not be able to carry out transactions or access the full range of features available through the Site.
Personal information we collect about you from others
8 – Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, we may on occasion also collect information about you from other people (such as the payment provider account details required to process a transaction) and by using tracking technologies such as Google Analytics.
How do we use personal information?
9 – We may use your personal information in order for us to:
- Operate the Site and provide you with services described on the Site, like to verify your identity when you sign in to any of the Site, to facilitate and process transactions that take place on the Site, to respond to support emails and to help facilitate the resolution of any disputes
- Update you with operational news e.g new product releases and information about the Site and the Plugins like to notify you about changes to the Site, website disruptions or security updates
- Provide you with information that you request from us or, where we have your consent to do so, provide you with marketing information about our Plugins which we feel may interest you
- Carry out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and the Plugins we provide
- Monitor activity on the Site, like to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions that apply to the Site or the Plugins
- Manage our relationship with you, like by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey
- Manage our legal and operational affairs
- Provide general administrative and performance functions and activities.
When may we disclose your personal information?
10 – We may disclose personal information to people like:
- Our professional advisers (lawyers, accountants, financial advisers etc)
- Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- Other people where we are authorised or required by law to do so.
How do we store your personal information?
11 – We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by our hosting partner Host Europe GmbH. Personal information that we store is subject to security and access controls, including username and password authentication and data encryption where appropriate.
How can you access your personal information?
12 – You have the right to make a request to access the information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that information. You may also request us to remove your information from the Site, unless some of that information is may not be deleted due to legal reasons e.g. Payment History. To make an access or correction request, contact us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Choices regarding control of your personal information
13 – Where we have your consent to do so (e.g if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have otherwise indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we may send you marketing communications about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future.
14 – If your e-mail address has changed and you would like to continue to receive our e-mails, you will need to sign-up again for those e-mails that you want to receive or request us to update your email address.
15 – If we send e-mails with commercial content we will generally include an “unsubscribe” facility that you can use to opt-out of further communications – to opt-out, just follow the instructions in the e-mail. We might not include an opt-out facility in important operational and service-based e-mails concerning things like your purchases, the terms and conditions, important updates and need-to-know messages. By using the Site you agree that we do not need to include opt-out facilities in those messages.
16 – You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of the Site may not work properly in your case.
Cookies and web analytics
17 – For general information on cookies, see http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
18 – Generally speaking, when you visit the Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and may not reveal your true identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with you(r account). We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- Your IP or proxy server IP
- Basic domain information
- your Internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection
- The date and time of your visit to the website
- The length of your session
- The pages which you have accessed
- The number of times you access the Site within any month;
- The size of file you look at
- The website which referred you to the Site
- The operating system which your computer uses.
Information about children
19 – the Site is not suitable for children under the age of 13 years, so if you are under 13 we ask that you do not use the Site or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Site for you!). If you are from 13 to 18 years, you can browse the Site but will need the supervision of a parent or guardian e.g. to purchase one our Plugins. It is the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Site.
Information you make public or give to others
When we need to update this policy
21 – We may need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices. When we do amend the policy, the changes will be effective straightaway. We’ll usually publish information about changes to be made to this policy on the Site – but please be aware that it is your responsibility to check in and make sure you keep up to date with any changes to this policy.
How can you contact us?
22 – If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us in writing by sending an email to email@example.com.
23 – If you have any concerns about how we have been managing your personal information, or if you think we have not been complying with Swiss privacy law, you can make a complaint in writing to us. We will consider your complaint and contact you to resolve the matter.